Board of Directors
The Chamber of Commerce Board of Director meetings are held the third Tuesday of every month at the Best Center at 5pm. Anyone is welcome to attend.
Paula Jackson, President
City of Farmersville
It’s A Snap Dry Cleaners
Weatherford Artificial Lift Systems
J Evans Bookkeeping
Tracy’s Custom Home Design
Jeff Adams, Superintendent
Board of Directors Ex-Officio
• Highly resourceful and dedicated person.
• Act professionally as the primary spokesperson for the entire organization.
• Create a positive and productive work environment that meets all legal requirements.
• Strong leadership, management and motivational skills.
• Lead in identifying and securing revenue generation opportunities that provide benefits to the members.
• Assure the critical success factors of the organization are constantly highlighted and addressed.
• Comprehensive understanding of QuickBooks, business management, small and corporate business.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience in marketing, event planning and proficient skills in website and social media.
• Directly responsible for the development and execution of the programs and events as listed on the Program of Work, at levels established in the annual budget and Program of Work.
• Significant experience in coordinating volunteers & fundraising.
• Excellent knowledge of non-profit budgeting, finance and standard practices.
• High proficiency in MS Office Suite including Publisher, Excel and Word.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Strong management and leadership skills.
• High writing and editing abilities for reports and correspondence.
• Marketing & Promoting including website and social media.
• Develop and maintain a collaborative working relationship between the Chamber and other key business and public policy organizations.
• Consistently and reliably deliver the best service, quality and value to every member.
• Coordinate and schedule ribbon cuttings, business after hours, social lunches and business luncheons.
• Engage in direct member contact and promote member participation.
• Manage all forms of communication incoming and outgoing.
• Promote-promote-promote-refer-refer-refer Chamber Members.
• Maintain regular eNews to keep members, non-members and future members informed.
• Maintain contact with chamber and events sponsors to ensure full satisfaction
• Recruiting and retaining membership, creating and expanding benefits.
• Recommend, plan, and implement programs to retain and attract new members.
• Established and reinforced business networking events.
• Establish, encourage and delegate volunteers and volunteer programs and committees.
• Maintained accurate membership database and billing records.
• Maintained accounting records, submit and manage annual budgets and bylaws.
• Coordinated with Board of Directors in setting Chamber Program of Work; short and long-term goals.
• Monthly review existing growth, promotions and implemented new programs.
• Prepared and presented annual budget to Board of Directors for approval.
• Provided monthly, quarterly and annual tax information to Accounting Department/treasurer.
• Knowledge of Robert’s Rules of Order, Office best practices, office and meeting protocol.
• Represent chamber at other civic and community events as assigned.
• Maintain regular office hours, be punctual, have transportation, attend all events.
• Lifting and carrying is required.
Do all these in accordance with Chamber policy as set by the Board of Directors.